UPDATE : Year 6 work for home, a chat area and other updates are available by logging into your Google Drive account and finding the Y6@HOME presentation in the SHARED WITH ME area of your Drive. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) if you are having trouble getting to this presentation and we will try and help if we can.
Year 6 Home Learning (March 2020)
We understand that some of you are going to have to stay at home at the moment, so we wanted to let you know about some things that you could do at home (see some links here).
- Use Spelling Shed to practise your spellings
- Keep reading daily. There are several websites allowing you to download ebooks for free or listen to audiobooks. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Below is a document explaining how to use your library membership to access a wide range of fantastic reading materials online for free including e-Books., e-Magazines and e-Comics.
- Times Table Rockstars- we currently have a battle set up against year 5!
- MyMaths- please log in and select the topics you feel you need to revise and complete both the online lesson and the homework task.
- Download Geomaster for your tablet to challenge your geography knowledge!
- We may share some tasks with you on Google Classroom to enable you to continue with your group geography project on North America.
- Keep active! Use GoNoodle (free to register) or join in with a free daily 30 minute PE workout with Joe Wicks every weekday morning at 9am https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html
- Below are links to documents for you to access to help with year 6 learning and revision (in particular, the 'SATS PREPARATION' icon at the bottom of this page)- please complete as many of these as you can and try to vary the subject you choose!
Below is a suggested timetable for you to use when working at home:
We hope that you all keep well and these activities help you to keep learning!
Miss Hood and Mr Harris
Welcome to Year 6!
NOTICE: LAST YEARS' LEAVERS' BLOG HAS NOW BEEN PLACED IN THE ARCHIVE SECTION BELOW.
Year 6 Teachers:
6A - Miss Hood
6H - Mr Harris
Mrs Masters, Mrs King and Mrs Parrott
KEEP UP TO DATE WITH WHAT GOES ON IN YEAR SIX BY FOLLOWING THE...
YEAR 6 BLOG
ARE YOU AN EX-PUPIL, LOOKING FOR YOUR YEAR GROUP BLOG?
CLICK ON THE ARCHIVED YEAR GROUPS LINK BELOW TO FIND IT!
P.S. Have you seen the Kids' Zone?
Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!