The Big Picture means just that – a competition and an opportunity to photograph and record images that demonstrate how important our green spaces are to plant life and the diverse range of animals and insects that depend on them.
Young people in three different countries – the UK, Belgium and The Netherlands – will simultaneously take part in The Big Picture initiative, which ends in June. Each will be charged with creating a visual record of green spaces near to where they live.
Launched by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council in partnership with the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds), the Rotterdam Water Board and the Flemish Land Agency, it is expected that schools across the Continent will take part to provide a lasting record of our valuable green spaces.
Grab an Entry Form
All entries must be received by June 1st 2011 to be included and will later form an exhibition.
Grab an entry form to join the Big Picture from the website.
After filling out your form submit your photos on disc to:
The Big Picture,
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue
Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6ER
Olympus are pleased to sponsor the “Big Picture” competition and are offering 10 of their top of the range digital cameras as prizes. Nine will go to the winning youngsters with a further camera being presented to the school with the pupil judged to have taken the best picture overall.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The judge’s decision is final
2. All entries received after June 1st will not be considered.
3. The winners in each category will receive new SZ-20 Olympus cameras, runner-ups will receive alternative Olympus models. The school with the student judged to have the best picture overall, will also receive an Olympus SZ-20 camera
4. Children aged 5-15 are eligible to enter via their schools or colleges or individually.
5. All details of every picture supplied must accompany each image.
6. The judges reserve the right to disqualify entrants who fail to abide by these terms and conditions.
7. The organisers reserve the right to use any images that are entered for publicity or media services
8. Neither Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, Rochford District Council or the organisers bear any responsibility for lost or damaged images